Monday, June 11, 2007

NOVA Cruise

Pretty straightforward. It was a cruise. We had dinner on the cruise. There was a freeflow of beer and carbonated drinks. There was a DJ. Lots of loud music and not to mention people. The food was... erm... not worth the money but I guess that's how it works. So what was so interesting about that night?

Well, it was an excuse to just lepak with friends. Since we've not seen both Nic and Miow's new girlfriends, we decided to kepoh. You want to know what I think about them? Haha.. not telling you anything. My opinions I'll keep to myself. As long as those two fellas are happy, I'm fine. Even if they aren't happy, it's not like I can do anything. It's ultimately their life.

Also, it's my final year in Sydney as a student. Well, for now, that is. Not sure if I'll be returning to do postgrad or not yet so let's just say this is my last year in Sydney. That means it's my last year of cheapER fares. So after 4 years, I've decided to finally show face at this event organised by the Malaysian student bodies from all 4 Sydney universities. When Taufoo and Jona found out, they were shocked.

"How can you not support the activities? So anti-social ar? Why like that? Cannot like that! Mix around ma..."

Hello, but, I am perfectly fine NOT mixing with fellow Malaysians whom I have seen for the past few years of my life. If I want to mix, I wouldn't be paying so much money to mix and catch up. I'd rather go somewhere where I could actually hear what you're saying and eat proper food that would fill my stomach. Anti-social? Coming all the way from Malaysia to mix around with Malaysians again? A bit pointless, don't you think?

Sigh, is it just me or what? Why can't people just accept that not everyone enjoy the same things? Or have I grown old? Too old to mix around with the 'happening' generation.

I enjoyed myself but not to the max. It was surface enjoyment. Very erm... not sure how to put it. Doesn't come from within I guess. It was definitely tiring. I don't know how the other girls could dance on heels that are way higher than mine. They must have very strong legs. Oh, and the seasickness.........

Oh well, now I guess I'd have to think twice before attending the Annual Dinner and Dance. I would be seeing, well, the same people all over again anyway.


No comments: