Saturday, January 26, 2008

Home alone

Shaun left for home last Monday. It was a rainy day and I don't particularly enjoy driving in wet conditions. My emotions were very much like the weather. Sad. Gloomy.

But having the house all to myself is superb. I reign supreme! I get to clean the entire house without having anyone to mess it all up again in no time. I get to watch any video to my heart's content. I also get to sing whatever song I want at any time of the day and night. Muahahaha...

But not all is rosy. It does feel rather lonesome and awfully quiet. Doesn't help that we live in Epping where it's dark and silent in the dead of the night. The city is the opposite of where we are - bright from the neon lights of the billboards and surrounding high-rises, and noisy from the hustle and bustle of the people and traffic.

Being alone also makes me think more - way more than I normally do. I think about my family and friends. I think about my future and my present state. I think about what life would be like if I chose not to stay. I think about all sorts of nonsensical issues not worth thinking about.

At the end of the day, being home alone makes me appreciate life more. Makes me want to brush up on making use of my time more as well - you see, when you're alone and free to do whatever you want whenever you want to, time management is almost non-existent. Well, that's the bright side. On the down side, I miss the people I grew up with. I miss so many of you. I have my phone bill and e-mails to prove that I really do.

Oh well, I guess I'd just have to wait it out, eh?

The time now is 4:30p.m. Better start walking to the station - I'm off to being out with others - can't be home alone all the time now, can I?

No comments: