Thursday, July 23, 2009

Much catching up to do

You must be thinking what is it that I have to catch up with. Hm, let's see. Heaps!

I have been missing in action for some time now. You would know if you have been following my blog and Facebook. Since returning from China, I have been trying to catch up with my Kindermusik work. I succeeded in the first two weeks. Third week onwards, sigh...

Then, there is work in the Centre. Why is work in the Centre never-ending? Gosh, I sometimes wish that we could close the Centre down for an entire week so that we could get things in order! And to make matters worse, we have our Open Day coming up net weekend. You cannot imagine the mayhem that is going to take place tomorrow onwards - the rush for the paint, the rollers, the brushes, the staplers, the hole-punchers, paper, markers, files, folders, ink, computers, printers, binding tapes, double-sided tapes, masking tapes, colour paper, crepe paper, cardboard, empty boxes, newspaper etc. Aiya, in short, the Centre will be like a war zone. Taska and Tadika staff, be prepared!

That aside, I also have to catch up with my reading. I have not been keeping up my reading of early childhood issues. If not for my decision to continue studying next year, I think it would be a long time before I would pick up a book related to early childhood. Sad. Gack, not just the reading, the writing as well! I have not written anything academic in two years! How am I going to churn out a research proposal? I so need to buck up. Sigh, you know la, procrastinating is second nature to me.

But what about all the previous blog posts? You mean you have time to play but no time to do all of the above? Haha, friend, if you have known me for a long time, I do not need to explain myself (unless you are my Mum, to whom I have to explain everything). If you have gotten to know me recently, you will get used to my style.

So, for the next week or two, please refrain from asking me out to dinner or for yumcha. I will also try my best to refrain myself from accepting your invitations. If you want to bring me out for dinner or just to spend time with me, you might like to consider sacrificing some of your time helping me out with stuff at my school. You would get into my parents' good books that way, too... haha...

No comments: