Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where did all my time go?

If you know me personally, you would know that on the surface, I seem like a well-organised person, constantly peering into her diary to check that her appointments are met and that they do not clash. I also appear to be a person who ensures that everything is pre-planned - from a simple weekend stayover at a girlfriend's place to a week long getaway with a group of crazy friends to a different state.

BUT

The me on the underneath is really, a person who is totally sucky at time management. Honestly.

Hm, let me state my case:

I had the ENTIRE day today to get some of my uni work done. I told myself last night that this morning, I will not laze in bed after the alarm goes off. Guess what happened? It rang once at 7:00am, another time at 7:15am and yet another time at 7:30am, after which I decided to SWITCH IT OFF. Haha, hm, I thought maybe I could just shut eye till 8:00am and I'd be up to drink my bottle of water. Na-ah. Didn't happen. By the time I finished the entire dream (it was an exciting dream, by the way), it was 9:00am. Great.

Okay, so drank my bottle of water and took my fish oil, chitosan and fibre pills. Freshened up and cleared the dish rack in the kitchen. Had my morning nutrition shake and made a bottleful of peach-flavoured herbal tea, which I think tastes way better than the original lemon and hibiscus one.

Then, I turned my laptop on to check my email inboxes. BAD MISTAKE. I stayed online for the rest of the day. I have utterly TERRIBLE control over temptation. Just terrible. Disastrous. Preposterous.

Not only did I check my emails, I was on Facebook uploading photos, updating statuses, chatting with friends, replying emails, checking out new websites recommended by friends etc.

Sometime during the morning, we also had an agent bringing prospective buyers to inspect the apartment. Very obvious China Chinese family. A few minutes later, the handyman came to fix all the reported damaged fittings in the house: the hole in the ceiling, the gap in between the tiles under the bathroom door, the broken laundry door stopper, the broken drawer handle in the kitchen, the piece of wood above the fridge that came off and the ill-functioning shower head in the bath tub. Due to the debris on the floor, I had to sweep and mop the floor, both inside and outside the unit, as well as the bathroom. Then, I gave my slipper a good scrub as well, as I suddenly remembered about the blood that spurted out due to the two leeches.

It was then time for lunch at about 2:30pm. I made myself a hash brown, fried egg, cheese with chilli sauce and mixed herbs wholemeal sandwich. As it was hitting 3:00pm, I also grabbed a piece of Lindt Orange Intense dark chocolate. Then I had a bombardment of comments on the photos of the Anzac camping trip I posted up in the morning.

4:00pm is when I shower so shower I did. I think showering is the one routine I do not break. I diligently shower at the same time everyday. I wonder if it is because I look forward to what I do after I shower, which is juicing! I just love doing it! I used Xin Wen's magical juicer to prepare three cups full of the juices of two green apples, two red apples, three oranges, one lemon and one vegetable of the week, which for this week is beetroot. Yummilicious, I tell you!

I also made myself a glass of nutrition shake to have before dinner. I made another glassful to keep in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast. Today's recipe was one scoop of strawberry f1, one scoop of vanilla f1, one scoop of protein, one strawberry, one piece of banana (about a quarter of a whole banana) and one tablespoon of boiled red beans mixed with 100ml of organic strawberry yoghurt and 300ml of water. Not too bad, but would be better if the banana was slightly more ripe.

Xin Wen then reached home and I had an ex-student Skype me, asking me about international student accommodation in Melbourne. She will be going over in July to start her culinary course either at William Angliss or RMIT. Hm, if both do not get approved by her mum, she would probably be heading over to the U of SA. Then a dear friend came onto Skype as I was helping Michael in the kitchen preparing his mouth-watering dish:


No idea what it's called but it has chicken, mushroom, garlic, ginger, wolfberry, rice wine, lots of salt, sugar, cornflour and water. And we ate it with vermicilli. Xin Wen said that this dish is normally consumed by women in confinement. Haha, totally understand because it had a mixture of sour, salty and sweet!

And now, I'm sitting at my study table facing the laptop screen, yet again!

So, tell me, where did all my time go?

No comments: