Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Grey

The forecast for this week presents weather that is depressing not just for holidaymakers, but for students and office workers alike. Having had a week of welcoming winter sunshine, it feels depressing even when I look out of my window in the morning - what happened to the bright slivers of light that would play hide-and-seek with me when I poke my head out of from under my covers?

Some people think that the weather is able to affect human behaviour. To a certain extent, I agree. When bright and sunny is accompanied by fresh breezes of nature, I am compelled to blend with the great outdoors by going for walks and even reading out on the balcony. When all I see is a sea of grey filled to the brim with rain-pregnant clouds and puddles of water along the roads, I tend to gravitate towards the comfort of the indoors.

My feelings, too, go all funny according to the weather. I even feel that there is some force out there making events happen according, too!

It is as if I am responding to Mother Nature, and she, to me.

Aiya, pity this humble human daughter of yours, please. It is not funny to have my hormones go for a roller coaster ride and have my blood flushed out of my system during a wet week. It is cold enough for me to layer up like an onion, so I do not need to have stomach cramps to add to feeling like I am on the verge of becoming frozen.

You know that feeling of waking up on the right side of bed and having an entire day that is good because of it? It is a great feeling, isn't it? But due to a spell of rain, you start to feel like the right side of bed is becoming the wrong side. Things start not to go your way.

I know, I know. We have to be appreciative of life, of what we have and not ask for too much. I am thankful for the love and care and opportunities that has come my way, do not get me wrong. But is it wrong to feel down once in a while?

My horizon has patches grey. I guess, that makes me cherish those rainbow moments.

No comments: