Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yum Cha at Palace Chinese Restaurant

When Josh finally made it to Sydney after several failed attempts, we met up at the lovely Palace Chinese Restaurant. Hidden in Piccadilly Mall in the city, I am glad that my ex-manager, May, introduced me to the place. I occasionally have cravings for their dessert but during this visit, we had the following...

... steamed spinach dumpling...


... steamed prawn dumpling...


... steamed prawn and pork dimsim...


... stuffed bread stick wrapped in rice noodle...


... prawn rice noodle...


... eggplant in black bean sauce...


... deep-fried combination dumpling...


... combination beancurd sheet roll...


... pork ribs in black bean sauce...


...chicken feet...


... sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaf...


... which made me miss the sticky rice (lo mai kai) we have back in Malaysia...


... And then it was time for dessert. Waited for the entire meal to end for this part! We started with the slaughter of egg tarts...


... some steamed bun of some sort... it actually tasted like sweet corn to me and I did not heed Yu Sheng's advice of being careful when I tore it apart! The stuffing really did 'flow' out!


And my favourite - their mango pudding!


Look at all the gems in it... the taro balls, the sago, the mango slices, the cantaloupe... I totally recommend this!


It was good catching up Josh after not having seen him for (gasp!) three years!

Palace Chinese on Urbanspoon

Palace Chinese Restaurant
Shop 38 Level 1, Piccadilly Tower, 133 - 145 Castlereagh Street Sydney 2000
02 92836288 (Tel), 02 92836566 (Fax)
E-mail: info@palacechinese.com.au
Reservations only taken for a la carte menu
Yum Cha is on walk-in basis
Yum Cha: Monday-Friday 10:00am - 3:00pm, weekend & public holiday 10:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - till late

No comments: