Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Perth (Day 3)

I had a few hours to kill before boarding my flight back to Sydney. Luckily for me, Joe had an off day so I had the convenience of going around in his car. First important stop was at Corica.



Why did we stop here? Located at Northbridge, this bakery is famous for its strudels. Of course, they have other traditional Italian pastries available, as well but strudels were what made them much talked about by foodies.

Corica Apple Strudel
106 Aberdeen St, Northbridge, WA 6000
08 9328 8196 (Tel), 08 9328 4647 (Fax)
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm and Saturday 8:00am - 12:30pm


Joe then brought me to Fremantle, which according to him is one place every tourist to Perth must set foot on. We hardly had time to explore this port city but with it strategically located at the mouth of the Swan, we had delectable seafood. It felt like Fish Market with many establishments for you to pick but Joe recommended Kailis'.





Look at what Joe ordered! It is enormous for something that serves two!


The seafood platter comes with 2 fish fillets, 4 prawn cutlets, 4 squid rings, 4 scallops, chilli mussels with chips and salad.


He also ordered a bowl of seafood chowder, which was just a burst of flavours in the mouth. I loved it!


Also on the waterfront is a brewery. Whose?


Think of cupid... haha... yes, it is Little Creatures Brewery!


I liked the naturalistic feel of the brewery, as they recycled much of the barrels they use.


As we were pressed for time, I did not get to sample any of their beer. Pity. Next time perhaps (haha, I actually foresee myself returning to Perth... money in my bank account, please find a way to duplicate yourself faster).


Little Creatures Brewery
40 Mews Road, Fremantle, WA 6160
08 9338 8500 (Tel), 08 9331 4087 (Fax)
Monday - Friday 10:00am - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday 9:00am - 12:00am
Closed Christmas Day



Quickly, we walked into town.


I wanted my gelato, so Joe brought me to Dolce Vita Gelato for my dose of sugar.


Dolce Vita Gelato
6 South Terrace, Fremantle, WA 6160
(08) 9355 4647 (Tel)


And then it was off to the airport!


I was so taken in by the 'new technology' of electronic check-in. Everything is machine-operated for Qantas, even for luggage. Can you tell that I am a Qantas virgin? Haha, yes, laugh at me for my ignorance.


Our worries of engine failure and other reports in the news recently seemed to have diminished, as we approached out seats. The aircraft felt new and I wondered if it was our misconception that the seats were actually more spacious than those on MAS. Hmm....


Not only that, they had wider touchscreens complete with a USB port! Okay, I very sua gu.


The best part had to be the part with food. How can any part of my day be good without it?


And for the price I paid for this flight, I welcomed the stir fried chicken with oyster sauce with open arms (even after that huge seafood platter!).


I would have preferred more greens but it was plane food so I should really not complain. Xin Wen finished the whole thing, which is a good sign because she hardly finished her MAS meals.


But seriously, what was there to complain about if we were served a bar of Duo mango and vanilla premium ice-cream as dessert?


Glad I went on this whirlwind trip because I found out that
1) Perth is worth a second visit and
2) Qantas makes a comfortable journey (when all engines work!).

Now, I have to recharge my batteries for my much-anticipated year-end roadtrip with my roadtrip kaki!

No comments: