Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Reef HQ Aquarium

It has been ages since I last visited an aquarium. I remember vividly my visit to the Underwater World on Sentosa Island in Singapore when I was 10. I also remember my visit to the Sydney Aquarium during my 2nd day here in Sydney 9 years ago. Other than those times, I do not think I had any other visits to other aquariums, which was probably why I was really excited to be visiting Reef HQ Aquarium.


Yes, they are the largest living coral reef aquarium. Well, they are just next to the Great Barrier Reef...












And there were some glow-in-the-dark little fishies I tried to capture on video...




Shriya and I took the chance to touch some starfish, stingray and sea cucumber.





The way this fish became an exhibit... how ironic...








Reef HQ Aquarium
2 - 68 Flinders Street, Townsville, QLD 4810, Australia
Tel: +61 7 4750 0700
Open every day 9:30am to 5:00pm (except Christmas Day)

No comments: