Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant The Gardens

For many years, I have walked past this restaurant. In fact, since it opened its doors how ever many years ago. For the first time, VK brought me here for a pitstop before our movie. He made a few recommendations and left me to make my own decisions.

I remember their drinks to be quite expensive and made a mental note not to order drinks should I visit again.


He had made up his mind on what to order even before stepping in. I think it was a ramen-looking dish with pork slices and a roasted chicken drumstick.


And then the glutton in me could not resist the temptation of pork leg. Argh, I know it is super unhealthy but it is pork leg!!! How can one not like pork leg?! The braised pork with noodle set was not too bad. Would have preferred the noodles to be cooked slightly longer for that chewy texture.


They now have a bigger, fusion version open just round the corner. Prices are steeper but they have teppanyaki and hotpot options.

Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant
Lot T208, 3rd Floor, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 2283 8699
Open daily 11:00am to 10:00pm
*Cash only

No comments: