Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Night Noodle Markets @ Hyde Park, Sydney

With the Sydney Tower watching over a canopy of colourful paper lanterns that welcome visitors to the Night Noodle Markets, the crowd was beginning to swell.



I was fortunate, as the queue was still short at Jackie M's stall. I quickly joined the queue, placed my order and patiently waited for my number to be called.


My plate of Fried Radish Cake ($15), although a tad pricey, was a plateful of authentic Malaysian street food awesomeness. Good wok hei, big portion, fresh bean sprouts, generous serving of radish and yes, good dollop of sambal.


And that was the only thing I had that night, other than a cup of hot chocolate courtesy of C. However, I did take my time to walk the entire market to see who else had set up stall - my first time at this event, after all. Previously, I only go for The Good Food Month's Let's Do Brunch (now Let's Do Lunch).

So, let's start with the stall next to Jackie M (her stall was the first one) and just follow the loop of all the stalls at Hyde Park. There were Kinn Dining and New Shanghai...


Rolls Vietnam and Ippudo Sydney...


Dim Sum Station and Chat Thai...



There was a section of the park that had the violet canopy of jacaranda blooms. The cool weather provided much relief from the heat in the past week.



The Coffee Tram...


Coopers... ah, booze, perfect to usher in the weekend...


Okay, continuing with the loop... Bar Pho and Mamak...


Fei Jai...


Interesting, the first ramen burger to be sold in Sydney apparently...


The smell of cinnamon at Mini Pancakes was so tempting as I walked past. Too bad I only had my camera with me, no cash.


Junior Thai...


Spanthai...


St. Honore Cake Shop...


... with colourful mochi balls...


Rekordelig...


Thai Thai Express...


Ever Green Noodles...


Bombay Central...


Poklol... sorry but I had to laugh with I read it aloud - sounds like one of my 3-year-olds or a super Cina person trying to say pork roll...


Zilver Restaurant...


Lets Do Yum Cha...


... and their very friendly angmoh staff... :)


Mizuya...


Serendipity Natural Ice Cream...


Viet Yum...


Thais R Us...


Shanghai Stories 1938...



East Ocean Restaurant...


Longrain...


Din Tai Fung and their army of dumpling makers...



Himalayan Yummy Kitchen...


Streets of Saigon...


Thai Riffic...


The Eight Modern Chinese Restaurant...


Chinta Ria...


I found it interesting that the first and last stalls were Malaysian stalls. Hm...


And with friends, family, good food (and a comfy spot to sit on), what's there to complain about? This is the last week for your chance to join in the fun, so make your plans now, people!

9-12, 14-19, 21-26 October, 2013
Monday & Tuesday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Wednesday 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday & Friday 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm to 10:00pm

No comments: