Monday, March 10, 2014

Cafe Centro

Cafe Centro, a cafe I have walked past for so many years. It was a hub of activity when we walked in. I was immediately taken aback by the furniture they used. There were unique wire lampshades, recycled church benches and a bicycle.


I noticed that their theme colour was red, as their lampshades, the bicycle and their signature French doors up the front were red.


We often say that to draw us back to a place, they would have to serve good food. However, in addition to the food, the service also makes a difference. And this was what impressed me - their service. Although it was really busy, Henry (the cheeky and friendly chap flashing a peace sign in the photo below) made sure we had enough time to decide on our order and made sure that he delivered the orders quickly. We did not wait long at all.


The whiff of aromatic caffeine from the Mecca coffee beans they use was irresistible - I loved my cup of mocha. Was so tempted to get a second cup but was held back by my flatmate.


We both had Benedict but I had the Salmon Benedict ($15.50) instead of the normal one. Yes, I love my salmon and egg. The poached egg was done to perfection and I got all excited when I saw the Hollandaise sauce. I little thick but I love Hollandaise sauce - my three loves in one dish, I can have this every day.


Eggs Benedict ($14.00) had all the same ingredients except that instead of smoked salmon, it was bacon.


It turned out to be a very satisfying brunch. And I hear they have new items on the menu - time for another visit.

Cafe Centro on Urbanspoon

Cafe Centro
139 Rowe Street, Eastwood, NSW 2122, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9874 9624
E-mail: dm@cafecentro.com.au
Monday to Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 7:00am to 4:30pm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cafe Centro is a best place for food and coffee. I been there because I am residing now in Kiama Australia.