Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mad Pizza E Bar @ Newtown

I am so glad that I do not live in Newtown or any where near there because if I did, I would run out of cash very easily and would just develop the mentality of "there is no need to cook because there is so much food around us". For me, Newtown seems to be one suburb I do not fail to bring my non-Sydneysider friends to for the vibrant cafe culture.

When a classmate flew in from Singapore, I allocated half a day for a walkabout in Newtown. I originally wanted to introduce her to some Thai food at Newtown Thai but they were not open at the time. Consequently, we ended up at Mad Pizza E Bar.


The place was empty, allowing us to receive undivided attention from the waitstaff. They were very friendly and helpful with the menu, and allowed us to take our time with our orders.

While waiting for our orders to be served, we could play with the crayons provided at the side of the table. More to keep children busy, but hey, no one said adults are not allowed to scribble with crayons to keep ourselves entertained, right?



I enjoyed their cup of hot chocolate ($3.00), which was not too sweet.


We were recommended the Positano pizza ($19.00), pizza with sweet Spencer Gulf prawns with calamari, NZ clams and tomato with shallots, garlic, flat leaf parsley and lemon. They did not recommend wrongly - the ingredients were plentiful and but did not leave us feeling bloated.


There was also ravioli on lunch special that day, and just plainly because I am a big sucker for ravioli, I ordered it. It was the best ravioli for $10 that I have ever had! Lovely texture of the pasta as I chew into each pillow. The flavours of the stuffing inside the pillow married well with the sauce on the outside.


Left feeling very satisfied and relieved that a random decision to walk into an empty shop turned out to be a good one.

Mad Pizza e Bar on Urbanspoon

Mad Pizza E Bar @ Newtown
135 King Street, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9550 6500, Fax: +61 2 9550 6599

No comments: