Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Roast duck rice @ BBQ One 阿一烧腊


I am a big fan of the dish you see in the picture above. In fact, almost every time I dine at this shop, I order this dish. XW would always takeaway half a duck to bring to her uncle's place.

In my opinion, this is still the best roast duck rice I have ever eaten in all my 11 years in Sydney. This huge plateful of tender duck with crispy skin and can-never-have-enough sauce (wonder if it is a secret recipe they use because I could just have plain rice drowned in that sauce!) used to cost only $8.00 when I first stepped into their original tiny shop on the main street. Now, I visit their branch located inside Eastwood Centre and the same plateful costs $10.50. The newer branch is more spacious and consequently, more comfortable. The queue is also shorter.

The service at their newer branch is slightly better than that at their original. However, still be prepared for typical Asian waitstaff attitude - not so friendly if you do not know anyone working there. I like the lady manning the cashier at the newer branch though - very polite, helpful and quick.

Where to find this awesome dish? Only at BBQ One! Dining in would also include a complementary bowl of soup (non of the bland, tasteless stuff, they serve flavoursome soup here!) and free-flow Chinese tea.

BBQ One on Urbanspoon

BBQ One 阿一烧腊 (original)
181 Rowe Street, Eastwood, NSW 2122, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9874 5332

BBQ One Kitchen on Urbanspoon

BBQ One Kitchen 阿一烧腊 (branch)
10-11/160 Rowe Street, Eastwood, NSW 2122, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9874 5323

No comments: