Saturday, February 07, 2015

Croissant Delicatessen

I am so proud to introduce to you this new cafe, Croissant Delicatessen, which is owned by my childhood friend of 25 years and her partner. Woohoo!!!

For those familiar with Hartamas Shopping Centre, the cafe is located in between Subway and Pastryville.


As with all narrow spaces, the use of a mirror on one wall helped create the illusion that the place is more spacious than it really is. I like the shade of yellow used on the feature brick wall right up the back of the cafe. Gave the place a slight rustic feel. Photos of their feline pets lent a hand in making the place feel more close to home (and heart).


It would be a pity not to try their coffee since they source their coffee beans from the reputable WA Cafe. As I perched over the (very tall) counter top, I could hear the beans calling out to me...


My first cuppa was a hot mocha (RM11.00). Would have loved a wee bit more coffee - it was not bad - but that's just because I like my mocha with a higher coffee to chocolate ratio. Not everyone is like me.


I very rarely order a latte (RM10.00) so I would refrain from commenting on the taste. I should have really just stuck to my regular choices of either a mocha or cappuccino. However, one of my friends did take note of how he found it a tad small, as he thought that most lattes are served in a bigger glass/cup.

The croissant, eaten on its own with no fillings, especially when just out of the oven, was delicious! I am a pumpkin-lover so I had myself a pumpkin croissant (a la carte, RM5.00). Very slowly, I savoured each fluffy mouthful...


In addition to pumpkin, the croissant also comes in three other flavours - classic (plain), garlic and wasabi. Alicia tried a garlic croissant with turkey ham, broccoli and cheese filling (RM14.80) and had to figure out how to eat it. In the end, she took it apart and had it using her cutlery like a civilised person, unlike me.


I devoured my pumpkin croissant with supreme egg mayo and additional smoked salmon filling using my hands. LOL! I really liked the combination of flavours and it was not too large a serving.


Cath had a classic croissant with garlic and basil chicken filling (RM15.80) and felt that she would have enjoyed it more if there were more chicken and less of the basil pesto. Or they could maintain the current chicken portion but cut down on the pesto so that the taste of basil does not overpower everything else. But again, she really liked the texture of the croissant.


For those who are hungry, the grilled German bratwurst (RM15.80) is apparently their most filling er, filling. We all had a bite of the bratwurst and I do not know about the rest but I found it very tasty. Okay, fine, they found it tasty, too. 


I may be wrong but I have a feeling that they are the first croissant sandwich cafe in KL. Just based on that alone, they are worth a try, don't you think?

Croissant Delicatessen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Lot P-3M(2), Plaza Ground Floor, Hartamas Shopping Centre, 60 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 6206 4410; E-mail: croissantdelicatessen@hotmail.com
Daily 10:00am to 10:00pm
*Cash only

No comments: