Friday, April 08, 2016

Bakeology Cafe

Although it is quite a far trek for me to get to Taman SEA from home, I try to visit. Not that I am biased but because I know them personally, I know their history of making good quality hearty food at home. If the food they make at home is good, how can the food they sell not be?

I have known this family from young, say for about 20 odd, almost 30 years I have known them. When I heard that they opened a cafe, I made it a point to find out where they were and paid them a visit. They were not hard to locate and it helped with yellow and black as their signature colours.


While Caryn (the youngest and who is so grown-up and pretty now), more or less takes charge of the front, Cheryl is in charge of the back, where the main action is. Not too bad for a new place, their mocha.


Cheryl dabbled in a few things before settling down to start a family and completed a pastry course. During my younger years, Dad would share stories from the office relating to how she was helping Aunty Millie in the kitchen and how Uncle Bernard would complain about buying expensive ingredients. Complaints aside, we could tell that he was proud. And which explains why they also offer freshly-baked pastries and cakes - Cheryl has been practicing her craft from young.


I have visited them twice and so have not tried too many things on their menu. One thing I had to was the French toast because, well, I am a sucker for French toast. Do not be deceived by this little loaf of French toast. It is packed full of flavour. Some may enjoy it, some may not, depending on whether you like or dislike egg, banana, or caramel sauce.


I devoured my slice of Blueberry Zuchie in almost its entirety before I remembered to take a photo of it. Sorry, I ended with a very unflattering photo of my slice of Blueberry Zuchie. Ah, yes, it was good, the combination of blueberry and zucchini. Refreshing and healthly. Just its name sounds healthly already. I mean, how can blueberry and zucchini not sound healthy? However, my friend and I did think that it was a tad too hard in texture and suggested to adjust the temperature of their cake chiller. But that was just us, perhaps other customers like that texture.


They now also do fresh-pressed juices and are occasionally closed to run their stalls at markets. Like them on Facebook and follow their Instagram to keep yourselves updated. I wonder what new cakes would be available when I return to KL next. Hm... ;)

Bakeology Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Bakeology Cafe
49 Jalan SS23/15, Taman Sea, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 7886 4149, Mob: + 60 12-575 7844; E-mail: bakeologycafe@gmail.com
Monday to Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm
Cash transactions only
Wifi connection available

No comments: